Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Caesar Salad from my veggie patch


File this recipe under "Veganomicon recipes I can't believe I haven't tried until now." My family deemed it too garlicky, so I will use one clove in the dressing next time instead of two. This was the first time I've ever made homemade croutons, and we were fighting over every last one of them. So yum!

It felt great to harvest a big head of romaine lettuce from our veggie patch for dinner tonight. Also, I rode my bike to and from work today, and Claire and I rode our bikes to New Season's to get the salad ingredients I didn't have on hand (capers, blanched almonds.) This is all part of my crush on Ed Begley, Jr. I want make him proud!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's no such thing as too much garlic...

Bobbi said...

That's what I say! I was fine with it, but Claire and Nigel both agreed it was too much.

MeganFabulous said...

Yeah for Caesar Salad!

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

Who doesn't have a crush on Ed??