Sunday, January 4, 2009

Five months later...


Claire Mixing up a batch of those healing vegan cupcakes from Nigel Ballard on Vimeo.


My first update to this blog in ages... moving house has taken precedence. We are settling in nicely, after an October/ November stint of temporary housing and the typical chaos of unpacking.

I'll post some house pics soon, but for now here are pics and a short video of Pistachio-Rosewater cupcakes that Claire and I made a couple weeks ago: the first baking in our new house! (Recipe from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World, naturally.) I chopped the nuts with my newest kitchen gadget, a Mezza Luna. Nigel bought it for me for my birthday in October, and it stayed packed until recently. I think it's mainly for chopping herbs, but it worked great with nuts too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

interesting to read about your Mezza Luna - I think my in-laws gave me one a couple years ago, and I don't think it has ever been unpacked. I will see if I can dig it out and find a use for it!

Bobbi said...

Yes, if you can find it, give it a try! I didn't find it to be a time-saver, just more fun.