Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Lighthouse Animal Sanctuary - Work Party





Last weekend, Claire and I joined a bunch of Portland friends for a work party at The Lighthouse Farm Sanctuary, outside of Salem. It was a great time, and it was hard to stay focused on mucking stalls with all of the adorable goats, sheep, pigs, cows, horses, chickens, turkeys, and more to pet and feed. We had a tailgate potluck lunch after our work, which was beyond delicious. I only wish I had pictures of the food. I forgot my camera, and these pictures are courtesy of Isa, except the group picture is courtesy of Katie. Thanks dudes!

5 comments:

MeganFabulous said...

I am sooo jealous! I want to go next time!!!

Bobbi said...

Sounds like you're going to the one being organized in July, yay!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment. I never dreamed that one sentence would spark such a craze of comments!

Thanks again...I will get that cookbook this weekend and try out a few recipes.

Bobbi said...

Kelly,

Hooray that you plan to try out some vegan cupcakes! A common misconception is that vegan food is always healthy, but actually it can be just as sweet and junky as non-vegan food. It's just the animal-free part that makes it vegan.

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

I'm so excited to go again!
Something opened in me where I completely realized that chickens and goats have personalities. Not that I didn't believe it before, but I had never experienced it.